New engine fitted thinking off using bio again

Want to run your landy on something other than expensive diesel? Have a look in here and see what others are using

Moderator: The Moderators

New engine fitted thinking off using bio again

Postby michealadamson » Sat 13 Aug 2011 11:58 pm

Hi there all hope all is well. My engine in my 300 Tdi disco went bang a couple off weeks ago so a new engine was fitted from the lowest milage disco i could find.
I was wondering if it was worth the hassle off running the disco on bio diesel again it's been a couple off weeks and it's been running regular diesel for the time being just to run the engine in and find out if there was any problems that needed fixing before I started using bio diesel in the engine.
Some one has opened up the pump and given it a tune up it pulls like a train. I was just wondering if the bio diesel could be a bad idea running bio diesel any thoughts on the subject would be good thanks Micheal
D1 Tdi now dead and on it's way to heaven
D1 v8 Manual killing the planet one mile at a Time lol
michealadamson
Demented Disco Driver

Re: New engine fitted thinking off using bio again

Postby raff209 » Sun 14 Aug 2011 10:17 am

:lol: you and that bio where you bin hiding buddy :?: you know you are going to put it in anyway you L.O.V.E bio :P but do it slowly and see if it likes it I know you fitted the fuel heater so that will help but to be honest I think you will be fine I run mine on a vegetable oil mix ok so go for it bud I think your old engine has always been worst for wear so its demise was not fuel related :wink:
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work

discovery 1 300tdi all mine ;)

mitsubishi carisma school run car is now dead totalled by a BMW
raff209
Head suit

Postby michealadamson » Sun 14 Aug 2011 10:47 am

Hey up raff mate. Ive been busy mate carrying out conversions on my disco and fitting new engine into it plus working mate haven't had time to use the forum.
It's not that I love bio mate it's just cheaper then regular diesel it's on regular diesel at the moment it's running good not many problems with the engine which is good it runs well and pulls very well.
I was considering running it with a very high ratio off normal diesel in the tank and see what happens.
The last engine had it's problems the main One was with the injection pump it had been altered before and it wasn't set right plus something had gone inside the pump making it run rich and run weak at various times but hey ho that's all behind me now.
I haven't piped the heat exchanger back in to the system yet as the rad is a little bit on the thin side untill the radiator has been changed for a new one
michealadamson
Demented Disco Driver

Postby michealadamson » Sat 20 Aug 2011 9:59 pm

Right back on the good old bio chucked in £20 worth off bio in and a tenners worth off diesel ontop just to make sure that if the engine didn't like it I could fill the tank up with more diesel and thin it right out. But luckily the engine is running bang on and pulls better then ever.
michealadamson
Demented Disco Driver

Postby blackwhippet » Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:18 pm

Hi Michael
Where do you get your Bio from? I see you are from Keighley, I live near Skipton mate
blackwhippet
Tyre kicker

Postby michealadamson » Mon 29 Aug 2011 5:59 pm

Nearest place is either Hammerton street Bradford or Spen valley in Bradford are the two most places that I use at
The moment there used to be robins fuels in Keighley but it burnt down last year
michealadamson
Demented Disco Driver

Postby michealadamson » Thu 15 Sep 2011 11:34 am

Right then guys now the warrenty has run out on the engine I'm going back onto bio diesel. But a 50/50 mix with. Regular diesel seen as the weather can't make its mind up with what it's doing at the moment. Flushed out the tank with regular diesel renewed the lift pump so that's now working as it should.
Plus the injectors have been double checked and serviced as I had no idea off the condition off them made sure that the sedimenter is clean and new seals have been fitted to the motor so I think that I have covered everything that might need doing before the use off bio diesel in the tank glow plugs have been renewed so that's all ready to go.
michealadamson
Demented Disco Driver

Postby BioDisco » Sun 18 Sep 2011 10:02 pm

Ive never worried about using biodiesel, i just did as everyone else said and changed the fuel filter regular, your car shouldn't need any special treatment to run biodiesel.
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/red110tdi
BioDisco
Spanner man

Return to Biodiesel & other alternative fuels