CPD771Y

Do you wonder what happened to your last Landy? Maybe some oik has stolen your current Pride and Joy, and you'd like to track it down? Just post here with your registration number or chassis number as the subject, sit back and hope...

Moderator: The Moderators

CPD771Y

Postby CfnTeabag » Sun 19 Jul 2009 7:58 pm

I was wondering if anyone on here bought my old Land Rover series 3 lwb, registration CPD771Y. I sold it on Ebay about 2 years ago possibly more. It was an ex-military lwb painted in a wierd shade of metallic green, with car seats bolted down meaning that a hole had to be cut in the seat base for access to the fuel filler and I had bolted on a swb hard tp giving a rather unusual side profile! The buyer had a discovery V8 which he collected it with.

I'm just interested what became of it and is it still around? when I sold it it had a starting problem.

Thanks in advance

Adam
CfnTeabag
Head suit

Re: CPD771Y

Postby Tinker man » Wed 07 Jun 2017 8:13 am

Good morning Adam,

I am new to this forum but I saw this post and wanted you to know that I am now the owner of this vehicle (bought a month ago). never had one before, but this was so cheap it had to be bought.

the vehicle really does have a starting problem now (why it was so cheap). it has thrown number one con rod. split the piston and melted the big end. small dent in crank...

so mid engine build at the minute. other than that it looks in good nick chassis and bulkhead wise. i asked the MOD for its history (freedom of info act) and have a very brief over view, so if you know more about the vehicle i would be very interested to hear about it?

i hope you get to see this and have time to respond.

best regards, Ian. new LR owner!
Tinker man
New arrival

Postby CfnTeabag » Wed 07 Jun 2017 10:17 am

Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for taking the time to get in touch. I am so pleased she is still alive, if with a few issues!.

I would love to see what she looks like now! She always had a really good chassis and bulkhead so I am pleased to hear they are both solid still. Where abouts in the country are you? I know when I sold it, it was heading to the Portsmouth area and, funnily enough I have followed it in a way!

I had no history about it apart from the seatbox plate, I would also be interested to hear if you find anything.

My email is adamtehan3859@gmail.com if that is easier to contact me. If you are looking to sell it any time in the future please let me know!

Adam
CfnTeabag
Head suit

Postby Tinker man » Wed 07 Jun 2017 11:02 am

Wow, that was a quick reply.. :D

not sure how to post images on here (luddite) so will send some pictures to you directly.

seats have changed to black vinyl low backed series ones ( i think series as new to this stuff), but otherwise all the same i imagine.

interestingly the plate on the drivers side has the chassis number and MOD number etc on, but when it is deciphered it all makes sense except it has a number "2" after all the letters which indicates a left hand drive?? doesnt look like it has had any work don eon it to change from LH to RH (which it is now of course). the V5 also has this number "2". however the info from the MOD has the exact same VIN number BUT it has a "1" instead of the "2" which of course indicates RHD, which of course it is! so maybe a mistake when being decommissioned? i have yet to find the chassis number stamped on the chassis itself.... did you ever come across this?

email on its way with some pictures for you... sorry i couldnt get it to work on here.. or maybe i have managed it below?

ATB, Ian.
Tinker man
New arrival

Return to Lost Landys