Spare wheel bonnet staple - part no 335772

This is the place for Q&A about Military Land Rovers. To post a question you'll need to register first

Moderator: The Moderators

Spare wheel bonnet staple - part no 335772

Postby FFG » Wed 22 Feb 2017 10:25 pm

Converting a Series 3 to a canvas with spare wheel holder on the bonnet. Bought a spare military bonnet (with the military bonnet holder catches as the front panel has been cut so doesn't have the bonnet pin option) but only have 2 of the spare wheel strap staples with holes for the 3rd. Cant seem to get one anywhere. Anyone have one knocking around or know where I could get one?
FFG
FFG
New arrival

Re: Spare wheel bonnet staple - part no 335772

Postby Purpleflarge » Thu 23 Feb 2017 4:12 am

IIRC the staple on the bonnet you are missing is the same part that you use to tension the hood at the rear of the body.

335772 is the series part number but RRC3966 is the part number for the staple on defenders.
It is at the bottom of this page amongst the spare parts at the bottom of the page.
http://www.allwheeltrim.co.uk/quick-lis ... ist-frames
or
https://www.lrdirect.com/RRC3966-Staple-Loop/
Minds Are Like Sewers. Deep, Dark and Full of Sewage.

Have you ever considered that you might be the weird one!
Purpleflarge
Head suit

Postby FFG » Thu 23 Feb 2017 9:36 am

I thought the same as I saw on one site that the part I'm after had been superseded by RRC3966. However I ordered some from John Richards surplus as he had some original LR tailgate chain supports (the ones that look like mussels) so I ordered the RRC3966 at the same time but they are about half the size of the others I have??? I've mailed them to check how long they should be as I was surprised when I opened the parcel.
FFG
FFG
New arrival

Postby g7jtk » Tue 19 Sep 2017 10:12 pm

I think the ex military Land Rover association site offer this type of thing.
If it ain't broke it's just a matter of time.
g7jtk
Spanner man

Return to Military