Cng

LPG...The only option for those of you with nice V8s! Are you thinking of installing it, or do you already have it and have a problem - If so the LPG section might have your answers.

Moderator: The Moderators

Cng

Postby caribcat » Sun 17 Oct 2010 5:59 pm

Just returned from Delhi (400 meter toilet dash, gold if you must ask). All Gov vehicles run CNG and that includes diesel buses. That is CNG alone not a mixture of that and diesel. Even the poorest guys with the tut tugs have converted. I stood behind a bus, is sounded like a diesel but there was nothing coming out of the exhaust. so what's the deal? Are we missing a trick?
08 110 CSW
89 110 4.2 V8
BMW R1200GS
Bikes, Boards, Boats
caribcat
Spanner man

Re: Cng

Postby Pete1987 3.5efi » Mon 18 Oct 2010 7:53 pm

I think Volvo do a system for CNG but dont sell them here due to the limited supplies, some truck companies are also adopting a system where CNG is injected with the deisel to make the engine run much cleaner, there is a fueling stop just north of bham with a real big tank of the stuff.
RR1987 3.5efi
RR1993 4.2LSE X 2

Out of context musical lyrics.

Love is a burning thing.
And it makes a fiery ring
The man in Black

I only have to do this because someone is doing the Pink Floyd Sound quotes.
Pete1987 3.5efi
Head suit

Re: Cng

Postby BigJohn » Wed 20 Oct 2010 9:16 pm

Delhi had such a bad pollution problem that they made it law (I think it was about 2005) that all diesel public transport vehicles had to be converted to run on CNG. It was being done when I was working over there. Incidently, although it is clean and cheap, the milage is very poor for the volume of the gas tank as the gas is pressurised not liquified like LPG and so has a much lower expansion ratio.

John.
Why have a speedo when a calender will do?
BigJohn
Spanner man

Return to LPG