1965 Series 2a petrol LWB 109" to restore, value?

This is the place to find and to give Series II and Series IIa advice. If you're already the expert, help a fellow Landy owner here!

Moderator: The Moderators

1965 Series 2a petrol LWB 109" to restore, value?

Postby recoverytim » Sun 25 Jun 2017 8:40 am

Hello everyone

Firstly, apologies for the abrupt return to the forum having not 'shown my face' for a very, very long time! Work and family commitments, and unfortunately a depleting Landy collection mean it's inevitable.

I have a S2a, 1965 petrol 109" up at my parents place, and the time has come to sell it for restoration as I'm simply not going to be in a position to do it for a number of years. I've asked the old man to get some photos emailed across to me for clarification of condition.

However!! I'm after some advice on its value please, or indeed some interest in buying it! It is original as far as I can remember, apart from the seats which are out of a triumph. I've got a feeling that the rear light lenses are britax type trailer clusters too but can't remember. What I do know is that it's a complete vehicle, but the chassis has sagged in the middle and it will absolutely need to have a chassis swap, so a great project for someone whating to do everything 'proper'.

I'd say it hasn't been started for six or seven years so I expect the usual suspects will be awry- battery, fuel pump and more than likely the brake master cylinder, but when I bought it I remember driving it off the transporter and onto what was my driveway at the time!

I appreciate its almost a 'how long is a piece of string' question, but thoughts would be gratefully received. I'm thinking either tying to sell on here, in the mag or eBay, but thoughts on that too are very welcome!

Regards and thanks for reading, Tim
LRO INTERNATIONAL RESCUE FOUNDER MEMBER
recoverytim
Pastry Chef

Re: 1965 Series 2a petrol LWB 109" to restore, value?

Postby wylfaboy » Sat 01 Jul 2017 12:05 pm

How long is a piece of string indeed. Photos would help a valuation but nothing beats having a good look round etc. Location will also determine price, the closer it is to someone the more they are likely to pay, especially for a non runner. My guess from your description would be £500-600. The Vin & V5 would have a value to those who would 'ring' a later model for the tax exempt status, the rest depends on how many original features remain. Put it on the web £1000 ono and see what happens otherwise put it on fleabay starting price 99p and see where it goes. Put a reserve on it if you don't want to give it away.
wylfaboy
Head suit

Return to Series II/IIA