Lost me Knob!!

The place for Range Rover Advice - Any Model - .
Please refrain from selling items here, advertisments will be deleted without warning or notice.

Moderator: The Moderators

Lost me Knob!!

Postby davlyn » Sun 01 Jan 2012 6:15 pm

Hi all,
Picked up a lovely P38 diesel Braemer a couple of days ago. It's got a Kenlowe fan fitted that seems to work ok other than it seems to be set to come on at quite a low temperature. The guy I bought it from used it to tow with so Whilst driving home the temperature gauge (The original gauge on the dash that is) struggled to get up out of the blue into the normal area in the middle, the only time it did was going up a couple of long hills. On the flat and going down hill the needle only just left the blue markers.
The problem I have is that the dial is missing off the top of the temperature adjuster, I'm presuming I need to turn it clockwise to make it cut in later but I am not sure by how far? . Has anbody got a picture looking down on to the dial? Also do you know if you can buy the replacement dials from Kenlowe, I know I can ring Kenlowe on Tuesday but I just thought I would ask anyway.

Dave
davlyn
Spanner man

Re: Lost me Knob!!

Postby paintman » Sun 01 Jan 2012 10:16 pm

1986 RRC 3.5EFi LPG
paintman

Postby davlyn » Sun 01 Jan 2012 10:59 pm

thank you very much.
davlyn
Spanner man

Postby discool » Sat 07 Jan 2012 5:14 pm

The last time I fitted one was the early 80s so 'from memory', turning the knob clockwise (as you look down on the Kenlowe control unit) increases the temp at which they cut in. The instructions stated run the engine till normal temp is reached leave the engine runing to increase the temp buy 7deg F. and set the fan to switch on so set between normal and danger :)
What i didn't like was the engine has to reach a hotter temp than normal to switch on the fan, so never bothered again with them, I stick to standard fitment.
1997 Discovery ES V8 auto.
Previously for 10 years: 1987 Range Rover Vogue Efi auto.
Previously for 2 years 1985 TVR 350i manual.

STAY FROSTY & USE LOGIC ON DIFFICULT JOBS - Get someone else to do it..
discool
Head suit

Postby davlyn » Sat 07 Jan 2012 10:52 pm

thanks for all the replies.
I contacted Kenlowe on Tuesday, they very kindly sent me down a new dial, all the asked me for was to send them back the value of the dial and instructions in first class stamps. Brilliant service, very helpful, wouldn't hesitate to use them or recommend them to anybody.
Dial's all fitted, just reading through the instructions,

thanks again,

Dave
davlyn
Spanner man

Postby bigdog » Sun 08 Jan 2012 6:00 pm

i have a kenlow fitted to my p38 nd as a company they were brilliant,help given over phone on wiring and sent a new controler out to me in portugal for nowy when i had issues with the original.I like the fact that you can turn the temp up or down as the standard set up here didnt cut in soon enough in hot temps almost to the point of boiling.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

bigdog
Head suit

Return to Range Rover