Ride height sensor question

This is the place to find and to give Discovery advice. To post a question you'll need to register first. Any adverts will be removed with out notice.

Moderator: The Moderators

Ride height sensor question

Postby Andyred90 » Fri 20 Aug 2010 10:35 pm

I have gone from the standard 16" wheels to 18" fitted with 255/60 18 but do I need to recalibrate the car with a Nanocom?
2002 TD5 Disco 11...
Hawkeye Available
Andyred90
Spanner man

Postby kaizer bill » Fri 20 Aug 2010 10:45 pm

would not think so the overall hieght of the wheel is just a litte bigger.mine has 55s on not 60s.

adrian
www.thed2boysclub.co.uk
kaizer bill
Spanner man

Postby discobhz » Sat 21 Aug 2010 11:04 am

Hi Andy,

No you don't as the height sensor is working on keeping a set distance between the axle and the chassis and as you have only fitted new boots which only changes the distance between road and axle, you don't have to do anything. Your distance between axle and chassis doesn't change when getting bigger boots.

If you fx fit a lift kit you add distance between the axle and chassis and therefore have to correct/modify/compensate this, fx change height sensor position or recalibrate (not advised as you wont have full travel of sensor) the height.

Hope this makes sense.

Good luck
Best regards

Allan

2001 Discovery TD5 Adventurer, QT Diff guards, TP Steering Guard, Hurst Rock/Tree sliders, Guardian Tank Guard, Southdown Raised Air intake, Modified slimline HD Bumper, SD Highliner Roofrack, Bighorn's, De EGR'ed and TF +2" lift
Nanocom available.
discobhz
Head suit

Return to Discovery