ride hieght sensor disco 2

This is the place to find and to give Discovery advice. To post a question you'll need to register first. Any adverts will be removed with out notice.

Moderator: The Moderators

ride hieght sensor disco 2

Postby pj » Mon 16 Aug 2010 8:43 pm

the rear suspension on my disco 2 is 2cm lower on drivers side to passenger sde i know if i fit a new ride height sensor it needs to go on a test book to set it up can this be done on nanocom or hawkeye if i fit a second hand one does it still need to be set up on a test book
thanks in advance for any replies Paul :roll:
pj
Spanner man

Postby discobhz » Mon 16 Aug 2010 8:55 pm

Hi PJ,

When I had air suspension on my Disco I had this problem a couple of times. I just connected Nanocom and raised it up to the height I wanted and stored this ride height. Kinda calibrated the height.

I my eyes not two sensors are the same or will give the same signal even at same height, so I will always recommend calibration with Nanocom or similar. You might get away with just replacing a sensor or sway them around so a different part of the pot is used, but I would still recommend calibration unless you are happy with the outcome.

Hope it makes sense.

Good luck
Best regards

Allan

2001 Discovery TD5 Adventurer, QT Diff guards, TP Steering Guard, Hurst Rock/Tree sliders, Guardian Tank Guard, Southdown Raised Air intake, Modified slimline HD Bumper, SD Highliner Roofrack, Bighorn's, De EGR'ed and TF +2" lift
Nanocom available.
discobhz
Head suit

Postby changill » Wed 18 Aug 2010 3:26 pm

I've done it on a Disco 2 after fitting a replacement ride height sensor.
It was listing to one side and using Nanocom we managed to get it to sit straight.

Chan
Only Alcohol Can Save Me Now.............And Humble Pie!!!!

NANOCOM Available in the North West.

changill
The Missing Link

Rear height sensor

Postby highlandbear » Thu 19 Aug 2010 10:07 pm

Support the body at the rear, dump the air out of the bags, fit new sensor lower back end down start up let bags reinflate -job done Simples !!
highlandbear
Grease Monkey

Return to Discovery