300tdi exhaust manifold.

This is the place to find and to give Discovery advice. To post a question you'll need to register first. Any adverts will be removed with out notice.

Moderator: The Moderators

300tdi exhaust manifold.

Postby BioDisco » Wed 30 Sep 2009 8:27 pm

Hi all
I need to fit a new gasket seal to cure my leaking one and stop getting fumes in my cab, What i want to know is can i remove the manifold complete with turbo or do i have to removed to turbo from the manifold first? Is it a fairly easy job to change the gasket seal's? I realise the worst bit will be the rusted nut's to remove.
Mark
BioDisco
Spanner man

Re: 300tdi exhaust manifold.

Postby ambulancekidd » Wed 30 Sep 2009 10:49 pm

Markm wrote:Hi all
I need to fit a new gasket seal to cure my leaking one and stop getting fumes in my cab, What i want to know is can i remove the manifold complete with turbo or do i have to removed to turbo from the manifold first? Is it a fairly easy job to change the gasket seal's? I realise the worst bit will be the rusted nut's to remove.
Mark

Hi Mark, you'll need to remove the turbo & manifold in one piece. Its not a very difficult job, but some of the nuts & bolts are difficult to see. I'd imagine the whole job could be done in around 2 /3 hours depending on your DIY skills.
Good luck..Robert.
If your not living on the edge then your taking up too much room.
ambulancekidd
Head suit

Postby Aeromole » Thu 01 Oct 2009 12:26 pm

Go buy yourself to a suitable surface drive socket. These have 6 lobes, rather than 12 splines, and therefore bear more on the flat of the nut than the corners.
Get a spray can of good luck whilst you're at it....
Pete
Aeromole
Grease Monkey

Postby BioDisco » Fri 02 Oct 2009 4:55 pm

Hi guys, Thanks for the advise! I do have a set of sockets with 6 lobes so I'm praying they all come off without too much trouble, I recently fit a de-cat front pipe and the 3 nuts to the manifold came off without much trouble.

regards Mark.
BioDisco
Spanner man

Postby BioDisco » Sun 04 Oct 2009 2:47 pm

Well got the job done today without any problems, All the nuts came off easily! The old gasket was well shot, So not hopefully no more fumes in the cab!
BioDisco
Spanner man

Return to Discovery