LED Headlights

If it's got the Defender badge, here's the place to get advice. If you're already the expert, help a fellow Landy owner here!

Moderator: The Moderators

LED Headlights

Postby jolyongroves » Thu 10 Aug 2017 12:29 pm

I know this topic has been covered a number of times in the past but technology moves on.

I've got a reaonablely standard 1996 Defender 90 300tdi CSW they still run the origional headlight which never good even when working. Now one of the lamps has faded to a candle flicker, I thought it was time to up grade brighter better headlight and really like the idea of LED headlights for various reasons the power usage the IP water resistance to name a few.
I am not looking for any thing fancy such as integrated side lights or DRL and have a lower end budget not really the budget for holden or jw speaker! I have seen a few at the lower price especially from a supplier called SP-4x4 which look good to me all E-mark with IP rating and years warrenty. While I don't want to do the company down as they seem very reputable. Are these lower end lights any good. While I know the more you pay usually the better the product. If these are ok for money then as someone wants to buy them as a present for me I would give them a go.
Jolyon Groves

Warwickshire
jolyongroves
New arrival

Re: LED Headlights

Postby wylfaboy » Thu 10 Aug 2017 1:23 pm

Firstly welcome to the forum.
Secondly, to (sort of) answer your post. Personally I think LED lights are a lot of money ( for good ones) for what you get. I'd get uprated halogen bulbs and wire through a relay (kits are available) the topic is covered here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94796&hilit=headlamp+relay

thirdly, there's a lot of infomation on your signature block, you might want to trim down the personal info for security reasons.

Let us know how you get on/what you decide to go with.
wylfaboy
Head suit

Re: LED Headlights

Postby Spurs14 » Sun 20 Aug 2017 9:01 pm

As mentioned go with the wiring harness upgrade , I think mine was a red bison , I fitted new std headlamps and upgraded bulbs I think they were osram , lights are brilliant Now , I do have spots and an led light bar but now only use them greenlaning ,
Spurs14
Spanner man

Return to Defender 90/110/130