GREEN LANE INSURANCE - WHO DOES IT ?

Got a lane you think is good....or know a lane that needs a rest - This is the place to keep everyone informed, and remember - tread lightly.

Moderator: The Moderators

Re: GREEN LANE INSURANCE - WHO DOES IT ?

Postby timb1046 » Mon 16 Nov 2015 7:50 am

I believe that it is Equity red star, yes.
I have heard all of the not so great things about flux too, but they were the only company who would even look at me to insure my modified 205gti (engine/rollcage/rally set-up etc).

then when I got my Landrover, although not the very cheapest (less than £40 between them and cheapest) they were the most convenient. Touch wood, no issues yet.
-Tim B-
timb1046
Head suit

Postby charlierover » Tue 05 Apr 2016 6:00 pm

Thanks for the responses so far. Other stuff has meant I have not had time to follow this up. However we have now done more work on the DII, so I have updated the spec with Highway and still waiting for a response.
Never lost, just exploring....

HELP SAVE OUR RIGHTS OF WAY - JOIN THE GREEN LANE ASSOCIATION https://www.glass-uk.org/
charlierover
Spanner man

Postby charlierover » Sat 11 Mar 2017 11:43 pm

As a daily driver, workhorse, tourer and off roader vehicle, trying get insurance for a mildly modified Land Rover is getting harder, any way thanks for your responses.

I ended up going to a local broker to see if they could help, and they did find an insurance company with policy that ticked all the boxes except I had a limit on the cost of replacing the modifications, fortunately I have kept all the receipts for equipment.

HELP SAVE OUR RIGHTS OF WAY - JOIN THE GREEN LANE ASSOCIATION https://www.glass-uk.org/
charlierover
Spanner man

Postby charlierover » Fri 22 Sep 2017 8:25 pm

Well it is that time for year again, time to insure the Discovery for another year. As you may well be aware insurances have gone up again due to the government making us all pay for the idiots who don't, though some view this as another back door revenue earner. So when I got my renewal letter this year I was not unduly surprised even with no claims that the cost was up.

Taking into account comments on here and elsewhere last year I looked at Adrian Flux again (not to be confused with Flux Direct) and their quote from AXA. They still came in cheaper than most the others I got quotes from this year.

I will let you know about my experience once I am all signed up.

charlierover
Spanner man

Previous

Return to Greenlaning discussion